Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Take that, nightmares!

So I've been having dreams every night for the past month that have been ranging from mildly unpleasant to horrible nightmares. I had a particularly vivid one last night and the visuals were so strong I drew a few key scenes out(secretly using it to practice my photoshop painting skillz). If I'm going to dream every night, I might as well mine them for ideas. Here they are:


Once upon a time, a small detachment of mounted soldiers decided to get a message across to a neighboring country. most of the group stayed behind while two went ahead to scout territory.


I arrived on the scene just as the group of soldiers were turning around to go home. "What's going on? Why are you turning back?" I asked. "We don't work on thursdays" one of the soldiers replied.


I caught up with the two men at the shore of a dark bay with a land bridge that at one time crossed into the next kingdom. However, the ocean had taken its toll. (not pictured) about halfway across, the bridge turned to mud, and the two men and their horses had become stuck. By the time I got there both horses and one of the men had drowned.


When I finally made it to the remaining man, he was pretty stuck but we managed to get him out. as we were doing it, this freaky fish man kept circling us, looking like he was about to eat us. I tried to kick out but the water slowed me down, so I planned to keep my arms out of the water and hit it from above if it came too close. It apparently realized what I was doing, decided it was too much work for a snack and left us alone. I told the man to run for the cliffs, and safety.


Halfway up the cliff, I noticed that the man had been left behind me somewhere, adn the waters were now teeming with mermaids. They were very VERY dangerous, and I had a bad feeling they had taken the man. So I ran back to try and see where he had fallen in, adn this white mermaid reared out of the water to try to eat me alive.


I jumped in the water, despite the abnormally large albino mermaids, found the man, and dragged him back to the shore, using a reverse siren song(mostly just a bunch of half singing half yelling at mermaids) to fight off the mermaids.

and they all lived happily ever after...maybe.

No comments: